Lighter Chicken Enchiladas
- Prep Time: 25mins
- Cook Time: 20mins
- Serves: 2
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 120g Charleville Lighter Red & White Grated
- 16 wholewheat tortillas (2 x 320g pack)
- 200ml low-fat crème fraîche
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 400g tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 5 tbsp chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 300g Old El Paso
- Mild Enchilada sauce
- Jalapeno peppers
- In a medium frying pan, over medium heat, cook chicken breast cubes until the juices run clear.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the onion, crème fraîche, Charleville Lighter Red & White grated cheese, parsley, and ground black pepper to the pan with the chicken.
- When the cheese has fully melted in the pan, add in the tomato purée, chilli powder, green pepper, garlic and 125ml of water.
- Put one third of a cup of chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
- Place all rolled tortillas side-by-side in a baking dish, seam side down and top with the enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle some Charleville Lighter Red & White grated cheese over the Enchiladas also.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with jalapeño peppers.