Ultimate Cheese Toastie
- Prep Time: 5mins
- Cook Time: 6mins
- Serves: 2ppl
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 4 slices Charleville Select White Cheddar cheese Block
- Salt (to taste)
- Little freshly ground black pepper
- Begin with buttering one side of each slice of bread. Use a good quality bread as this will hold together better when cooking and creates a stronger case for the melted cheese.
- Divide the cheese between two slices of bread, placing it on the unbuttered side.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover with the second slice of bread, unbuttered side down.
- Heat your griddle or frying pan to hot, but not smoking. Using a flat spatula or fish slice, lay the two sandwiches into the hot pan (they should sizzle a little as they hit the pan, if not, the pan is not hot enough). Gently press the sandwich with the spatula, do not worry if the cheese leaks a little. Cook for a few minutes on one side pressing from time to time, then flip it over and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the pan once the cheese is starting to melt and the bread turning a golden brown.
- Cut diagonally into two and serve immediately piping hot.